History of the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance
In 1973 the Forest Grove Rotary Club created the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance to raise funds for scholarships and community service projects. Each year, the net proceeds are divided equally among the two. And thanks to the Concours d’Elegance, the Rotary Club has returned more than $1 million in projects to the community, which includes scholarships and financial aid to over 700 Washington County students to Pacific and other Universities.
The Concours d’Elegance is an outstanding event. It is made possible by the innumerable hours of service and dedication by the many volunteers in the community. Volunteers, young and young at heart, men and women, Rotary members, their families and non-Rotary workers have spent a vast amount of time and effort to accomplish this task.
The Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance is held on the 3rd Sunday in July, on the campus of Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon. Over 300 antique, collector and special interest automobiles will be on display.
The event features 52 classes of restored antique, classic and special interest cars. They are entered for judging, or just for display. Judging is based on quality and authenticity of restoration. Cars from every era of automotive history are represented, from the earliest horseless carriages to the latest sports cars.
The setting for the Concours is the historic campus of Pacific University, founded in 1849. The tree shaded setting provides the perfect ambiance for walking among 300 of the finest vintage and collector automobiles.